I got a casing from my friend for free. The casing is one piece
of die-cast aluminum. The aluminum is quite hard that drilling and
filing is difficult to work with. The top layer and bottom is separated.
I can put two 160va transformer at top side.
The bottom side have 3 compartments. Hmm... maybe I can use 2 for
the amp and 1 for the bridge?
I just have to spray it. It originally have tiny white specs of
I-dunno-what all over it. I have to sand it off and re-spray to
cover whatever I have sanded.
I use a piece of soft plastic to cover the ordinal holes and to
hole on to the sockets. In this picture, the plastic is not yet
painted. I only test fit to see how well the sockets fit. I sprayed
the plastic black in the finished version.
The Power Supply
Time to look at the power supply. A friend of mine offered to sell
me a 160va 18-0-18 transformer cheaply. Since I needed a transformer,
I grab the offer at once.
I decided to use the Double Bridge Rectifier, as there are lots
of compliments on them.
Since I have a lot of MUR860, I decide to have separate power supply
for each channel, only splitting the secondaries of the transformer.
Ground is separated as well.
< Prev Page | Next